The Wines, Hunter Valley Vineyard
Wollombi Wines is a boutique vineyard in the lower Hunter Valley. The first vines were planted in 1994 by the Hoft family, with the assistance of ‘Nic’, a local. All the vineyard work is carried out by family members. At harvest the bunches are selectively hand picked with one intent – the best possible quality. The vineyard receives little or no watering (none since 2004) and so yields are low, usually around 2 tonnes per acre. No insecticides are used by Wollombi Wines.
- 2014 Semillon - SOLD OUT. Nice fruit ripeness and acidity combine to give the wine good length and flavoursome finish.
- 2016 White Splash - Our specialty. Zingy acidity, limey, touch of sweetness on the back palate. A glorious summer drink.
- 2015 Bella Frizzante - SOLD OUT. A vibrant red wine with fruity aromas showing spice and red currants. The palate has generous fruit driven flavour and sweetness, with a gentle spritz. Serve well chilled.
- 2015 Rose’ - SOLD OUT. A short time on the skins and barrel fermented has produced soft fruit flavours in a light semi dry wine. A great verandah wine, serve chilled.
- 2016 Sticky - A golden dessert wine with big concentrated flavours. A lingering finish of clean sweet citrus.
- 2014 Shiraz - SOLD OUT - Lovely fruit flavour, soft tannins. A beautiful Hunter Shiraz from one of the best vintages ever.
- 2016 Light Shiraz - Elegant full flavour, softened with 10% Semillon, light tannins and oak. Serve cool or chilled.
- 2014 Sweet Shiraz - A luscious huge flavoured Shiraz, with medium oak and tannins.
- Sparkling Fiori - A refreshing sweet fruit salad with bubbles to match.
Order wine online today